Fix Error Status on New Feeds

I tried to add a couple of new feeds today and encountered an ERROR status after trying to sync them for the first time.

These both were WordPress based blogs, which I added using the /feed/ addition to the blog address.

It seems that WordPress is a bit sensitive to whether you have a slash (/) in the end of the address or not.

In one feed, I kept getting ERROR status until I added a slash at the end. In the second, I kept getting ERROR status until I removed the slash! So be sure to try both options if a feed is giving you trouble.

It seems the error lies with WordPress. The problem in both cases was that WordPress returned a malformed XML for the feed if the slash was given the wrong way…

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s